March 17 2020
Please make sure you visit the Ministry of Health website for further information.
We are continuing to monitor the Ministry of Health guidelines and following procedures to keep everyone safe.
Housekeeping staff members are at higher risk due to the nature of their working environment and we can't thank our accommodation staff enough for their service.
Precautionary measures are utmost priority at this stage. YMCA Hostel and City Lodge are taking the below precautions:
· Increased the access to hand sanitizers in the hostels in all common areas
· Continuing education and awareness (by signage and staff meetings) of good hygiene habits including coughing or sneezing into elbow if no tissue available
· Protective gear (masks, gloves and spare uniforms) are available
· Staff members who are unwell are being asked to stay away from the work place until they are well again
· Sign in/out tablets are being disinfected regularly
· Staff are continuing to spray and wipe common areas numerous times per day
Important FAQs for our guests:
Can I self-isolate myself at YMCA Hostel or City Lodge?
Unfortunately, City Lodge and YMCA hostel do not offer self catering rooms and guests will not be able to effectively self isolate themselves. We are not accepting bookings for guests who have been asked to self isolate themselves. We suggest you to book yourselves at accommodation properties that offer self catering rooms.
What can I do if I am asked to Self-Isolate myself?
As you will not be able to effectively isolate yourself at our properties, you can contact us and request for free cancellation and look for alternate accommodation option.
Can I book with you if I have completed my self-isolation?
As long has you are not showing any symptoms of infection and have effectively completed the process of isolating yourself, you are welcome to stay at YMCA Accommodation.
For any additional information please visit https://www.ymcaauckland.org.nz/coronavirus/