March 18 2020
Please make sure you visit the Ministry of Health website for further information.
We are continuing to monitor the Ministry of Health guidelines and following procedures to keep everyone safe.
Early learning centres must take extraordinary precautions beyond what is normally recommended to prevent the spread of the COVID-19.
All our centres are taking the below precautionary measures:
· Instructing staff to monitor for symptoms, and stay home if they are sick
· Instructing parents/guardians to keep children home if they or any member of the household exhibits symptoms.
· Providing children with soap and water to wash hands; adults may use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, but this is not recommended for young children
· Mandating frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing one’s nose. Child care providers will help young children do the same. If hands look visibly dirty, use soap and water to clean hands
· Instructing covering coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash and cleaning hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser (if soap and water are not readily available)
· Advising to avoid touching their face (especially eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands).
· Keeping centres clean at all times and providing adequate supplies for good hygiene, including clean and functional hand-washing stations, soap, paper towels, and alcohol‐based hand sanitiser.
For any additional information please visit https://www.ymcaauckland.org.nz/coronavirus/