YMCA IS RECRUITING NOW!
We are looking for an experienced Youth Programmes Coordinator to join our team based in Wero Water in Wiri and Mount Albert. This is a full time role working on Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work. The purpose of the role is to coordinate YMCA’s youth development programmes including ‘Raise Up’ as per the Raise Up strategic plan.
What will you be doing?
- Plan, organise and implement programmes and events
- Ensure programmes and events meet set attendance targets, youth requests and demand
- Facilitate Upper Harbour youth board meetings and support the programme.
- Conflict resolution, manage group dynamics
- Deliver a successful recruitment and selection process for Raise Up Crew Members
- Facilitate, coordinate and support the Raise Up Crew to provide Youth driven events and programmes
- Organise all internal and external promotion for all events and regular programmes
- Develop a clear marketing plan for your programmes and events that encourages and supports youth engagement and awareness
- In partnership with the YMCA fundraiser develop and support successful partnerships with potential sponsors and funders
What experience/skills do you need?
- Experience in programme and event management
- Qualification in programme and event management preferred
- Administration skills
- Excellent Communication Skills at all levels (both written and oral)
- Coaching and Training experience
- Time management and organisational skills
- Computer literate - Microsoft office computer skills and knowledge
- Full drivers licence
What the YMCA offers:
- Specific job and safeguarding training with opportunities for continuous improvement.
- A great team, organisational culture
- Career opportunities
- YMCA buying privileges and discounts
ABOUT THE YMCA
You probably know the song, but did you also know that YMCA North employs around 700 employees across Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga and Rotorua? Our operations include facility management, health and fitness, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, recreation, aquatic, fundraising and youth programmes. As a not for profit, for over 165 years YMCA has been about families. Join us and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come.
YMCA is able to offer great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We provide real career pathways and job opportunities in a fun, community-focused environment.
We are proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures within our teams who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
YMCA North is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.