It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
Love the water and want to spend summer by the pool? Take the plunge and become a Summer Pool Lifeguard!
Full training and support provided in a large organisation with options for career development and progression.
This role is for the summer period only, starting mid-November until the end of March 2022. Hours of work will vary week to week depending on the roster. We are open 7 days from 5.15am to 9.00pm Monday to Friday and 7am to 7.30pm in the weekend. Applicants MUST be available to work over the Christmas and New Year period.
YMCA IS RECRUITING NOW!
A typical day in the life of our Lifeguards will include supervising pool users ensuring a safe and fun environment for all and rotating around different stations and pools – all while interacting and building relationships with our customers.
We are looking for lifeguards to work at our centres based in Onehunga and Panmure. The roles are PART TIME / FULL TIME Fixed Term for the summer, up to 40 hours per week based on a roster.
What will you need?
- Confidence in swimming – there will be a swim test involved
- Enthusiasm and responsibility
- Ability to work effectively across all cultures and ages
- Strong communication and high work standards
- Great work ethics and a team player attitude
- Effective problem solving and ability to think and act fast
- Experience in a customer service role or similar preferable
What the YMCA offers:
- Full training – you will gain a PLPC (Pool Lifeguard Practising Certificate)
- Ongoing training and professional development provided
- Opportunity to build your career within the YMCA
- Full gym membership across multiple locations
What you will bring:
- Must be 16 years old or up.
- Commitment to work from November 1st through to March 31st (5 months).
- Applicants need to work minimum 2 shifts (or 16 hours).
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by please apply by clicking on the "apply now" button.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.