It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a Group Fitness Instructor (Spin) to join our team at our North shore Recreation centre. This role will teach Spin classes and is a contractor role.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering scheduled exercise classes
- Prescribe and demonstrate exercise
- Proactively engaging with class participants
- Generate a vibrant and inclusive environment
- Ensuring healthy and safe practices are followed
What experience/skills do you need?
- Group Exercise experience
- Is REPs Registered (or able to train to be)
- Holds a Fitness qualification (or currently studying)
- Current First Aid Certificate helpful
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by clicking on the "apply now" button.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.