It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a Recreation Supervisor to join our team based at Mount Albert Community and Recreation Centre. The role is part time for 30 hours per week, working Tuesday to Thursday from 10am to 6pm and on a Saturday from 8am to 1pm. As a Recreation Supervisor you will coordinate and deliver all programming in the Stadium.
What will you be doing?
As a Supervisor you will be assisting the Fitness & Recreation Manager with:
- Rostering and completing timesheets
- General admin work
- Coaching classes and leading the team to deliver children’s gymnastics and basketball
- Setting up and packing down gymnastics equipment
- Coordinating Children’s Birthday party bookings
- Other general recreation work to maintain the stadium
What experience/skills do you need?
- Minimum 12 months experience coaching sport, ideally in children’s gymnastics and/or basketball.
- Strong administration skills and proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Hold a current first aid certificate
What the YMCA offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.