YMCA IS RECRUITING NOW!
We are looking for a Programme Manager to join the YMCA North – Outdoors team at our Shakespear Lodge Camp. The purpose of this role is to facilitate customer visits at Shakespear Lodge with particular focus on the Outdoor education programme, but will also include general Camp duties for example cleaning and maintenance tasks. They will also support the Outdoor Administration team with programme design. This is a full time role which will include some weekend and overnight work.
What will you be doing?
- Plan and deliver high quality outdoor education programmes and school holiday programmes to customers.
- Facilitating customers visits to Camp, with welcomes, daily check ins and check outs.
- Deliver excellent customer service and develop strong relationships with customers.
- Manage the Outdoor Instructor team, fostering a positive, caring environment – including recruiting, rostering and performance recognition.
- Conduct high quality training sessions for staff to maximise learning opportunities.
- Be a leader within YMCA Outdoors for an excellent Health and Safety culture.
- Manage Activity equipment maintenance and with YMCA Outdoor Operations Manager approval arrange for repairs or replacements to be purchased.
- Assist in general day to day camp tasks which include but not limited to cleaning, maintenance, and catering as and when required by YMCA Outdoor Operations Manager
What experience/skills do you need?
- New Zealand Certificate in Outdoor Leadership (Instruction) (Level 5) – In relevant strands (climbing/kayaking) / or equivalent
- Experience managing and developing staff at all levels
- Experience planning and managing complex programme delivery
- Has a working understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and the Health and Safety at Work (Adventure Activities) Regulations 2016 and amendments.
- General office / administration skills and experience with intermediate level computer skills
- High work standards: Pays attention to detail and initiates self-checking procedures, ensures consistent high quality
- Problem solving ability: Can actively find solutions but can seek support when necessary
- Excellent communication skill, clear spoken English.
- Has good time management and organisational skills: Ability to multi-task and work to deadline. Values time and uses it effectively.
- Credibility and professional integrity: Ability to act in a manner that conveys high personal and professional standards
- Ability to work independently but also in a team across all cultures and ages with YMCA
- Current workplace First Aid certificate - Pre Hospital Emergency Care certificate is desirable
- Current full drivers licence –P Endorsement is preferred
- LUV and Tractor driving skills are preferred
What the YMCA offers:
- Specific job and safeguarding training with opportunities for continuous improvement.
- A great team, organisational culture
- Opportunities to gain on the job qualifications
- YMCA buying privileges and discounts
ABOUT THE YMCA
You probably know the song, but did you also know that YMCA North employs around 700 employees across Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga and Rotorua? Our operations include facility management, health and fitness, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, recreation, aquatic, fundraising and youth programmes. As a not for profit, for over 165 years YMCA has been about families. Join us and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come.
YMCA is able to offer great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We provide real career pathways and job opportunities in a fun, community-focused environment.
We are proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures within our teams who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.
If this sounds like you and you enjoy working in a fun and fast pace team environment, please apply online by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must currently hold the right to work in New Zealand.
We will be assessing applications as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted