It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a Pool Supervisor to join our team based at Lagoon Pools & Leisure Centre. The role is part time working 30 hours per week based on a roster.
What will you be doing?
- Create a fun and friendly environment within the Pool, that is welcoming and comfortable to all members, new and old, and encourages a sense of belonging and support
- Manage the Lifeguard team, ensuring ongoing training is provided and recorded adequately
- Assist the Aquatics Pool Operations Manager with recruiting Lifeguards that align with our vision.
- Prepare and monitor the Pool Operations roster ensuring that there are no gaps in the roster at any time
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day Plant room operations, maintenance, water quality and maintain a clean and safe pool environment
- Identifying maintenance and action these by minimising the risk and reporting them to the Aquatics Operations Manager.
What experience/skills do you need?
- 2 years in a staff management role is preferable
- PLSA (Pool Lifeguard Skills Award)
- PLPC (Pool Lifeguard Practising Certificate)
- Hold a Water Treatment and a Chemical Handlers Certificate(Achievable on the Job)
- First Aid Certificate
What the YMCA offers:
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Personal development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by please apply by clicking on the "apply now" button.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.