Do you love working with children? For over 100 years, the YMCA has provided activities and fun filled holiday programmes for Kiwi families. We build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. All YMCA programmes are designed to support your child's development - from coordination to motor skills and social skills, whilst encouraging a high level of fun!
We are looking for an OSCAR Team Member to join our team based in Auckland on a part-time basis, for a minimum of 8 hours per week. The roster will be between Monday and Friday.
We are looking for OSCAR Team Members to join our team based in Auckland on a part-time basis, for the following shifts:
- Northcote – Monday 2:30pm-4:30pm and Wednesday 2:45pm-6pm
- Northcote – Wednesday and Friday 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Mt Albert – Tuesday and Wednesday 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Mt Albert – Monday and Wednesday 2:30pm-5pm
- Warkworth – Casual cover After School Care and Holiday Programme
What will you be doing?
No day is the same and you will be helping with being:
- The kitchen wizz – helping prepare breakfast and afternoon tea
- The coach – facilitating and playing games, sport and team building activities
- The artist / dancer / builder / tech guy – getting creative with arts & crafts, showing off your mad dance moves, and tapping into your inner child with our awesome STEAM zones
- The first aider – dealing with bumps and bruises, facilitating clean-ups and being a sounding board for their wild ideas
- The overseer – keeping an eye on behaviours and supporting YMCA values
- The driver – the 2:30pm-3:30pm role includes picking children up from surrounding schools and bringing them to the programme
Every day is different and what you put in, you will get out!
What experience/skills do you need?
- We want the X Factor and training will be provided for you to reach your full potential
- Great communication skills as you will be chatting to children, parents and staff regularly
- Empathy for children
- Passion for working with kids, youth and people in general
- Ability to work well and become a great team with your team leader
- A full Driver’s Licence is required
What the YMCA offers:
- Discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
- Part-time work Monday to Friday at schools around Auckland
- Working with kids from 5-14 years of age
Great YMCA benefits including gym membership