YMCA IS RECRUITING NOW!
We are looking for an experience Maintenance and Grounds person to join the team at YMCA North – Outdoors team at our Shakespear Lodge Camp. The purpose of this role is to perform maintenance tasks, including maintaining the grounds and any repair work related to the day to day operation of the camp. This is a part time role with some flexibility but we would prefer the person to work at least 4 hours on Wednesday and Friday.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for Lawn Mowing and grounds management at Camp
- Responsible for pest control at camp as per Auckland Council requirement
- Responsible for exterior cleaning of camp buildings including walls and spouting
- Perform all requested repairs and maintenance, grounds work and general cleaning tasks to a high level to enable the tidy and safe operation of the camp
- Complete general painting as required by the Outdoor Operations Manager
- Complete compliance checks for Building WoF, HSNO
- Regularly check camp buildings for graffiti and remove all graffiti in a timely manner
- Responsible for completing all camp vehicles monthly checks and plan for servicing in consultation with Outdoor Operations Manager
- Ensure adequate stock of maintenance materials are maintained
- Any other tasks as directed by the Outdoor Operations Manager
What experience/skills do you need?
- Satisfy initial and on-going Police Check results are mandatory
- An excellent Health and Safety culture
- Competent use of relevant tools, equipment and machinery
- Customer service experience
- Good time management
- Problem solving ability
- Current first aid certificate
- Current full drivers licence
- HSNO Knowledge; Weed spraying skills; LUV driving skills; Tractor driving skills; Chainsaw skills an advantage
What the YMCA offers:
- Specific job and safeguarding training with opportunities for continuous improvement.
- A great team and organisational culture
- Career opportunities
- YMCA buying privileges and discounts
ABOUT THE YMCA
You probably know the song, but did you also know that YMCA North employs around 700 employees across Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga and Rotorua? Our operations include facility management, health and fitness, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programs, accommodation, outdoor camps, recreation, aquatic, fundraising and youth programs. As a not for profit, for over 165 years YMCA has been about families. Join us and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come.
YMCA is able to offer great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We provide real career pathways and job opportunities in a fun, community-focused environment.
We are proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures within our teams who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
YMCA North is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.
If this sounds like you and you enjoy working in a dynamic team environment, please apply online by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants must currently hold the right to work in New Zealand.
We will be assessing applications as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted