It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a Lifeguard or Senior Lifeguard to join our team based at Onehunga. We have one full time role available working Monday to Friday and hours will vary depending on the roster and may include mornings, afternoons and evenings.
A typical day in the life of our Lifeguards will include supervising pool users ensuring a safe and fun environment for all and rotating around different stations and pools – all while interacting and building relationships with our customers.
What experience/skills do you need?
- Hold a PLPC (Pool Lifeguard Practicing Certificate)- can be achieved on the job
- Be a confident swimmer
What the YMCA offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.