It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a Room Attendant/Cleaners to join our fabulous small team based at the YMCA Hostel and City Lodge, Pitt Street, City. All work is based on 7 day roster, days only.
What will you be doing?
- Keep common areas clean such as the lounge, offices, stairwells and halls clean and tidy, remove rubbish, wash floors and walls etc
- Clean the bathroom, laundry and kitchen facilities
- Clean and make up rooms - this includes removing linen and replenishing room supplies
- Work to deadlines ensuring rooms are ready for check in
What experience/skills do you need?
- Previous experience would be an advantage but full training will be provided
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and experience working in a similar role or environment would be advantageous
- Physically fit and can lift. This includes flipping mattresses, carrying buckets and working on stairs as required.
What the YMCA offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 600 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
If this sounds like you, please apply – send us your CV and covering letter/email todayJ
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.