It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a Recreation Assistant to join our team based at Mt Albert in Auckland. The role is PART TIME for 12 hours per week based on a roster.
What will you be doing?
- Teaching and coaching gymnastics
- Prepare daily lessons plans as requested
- Assist in the completion of set up and pack down of equipment and general clean up
- Assist with Gymnastics administration
What experience/skills do you need?
- Experience coaching Gymnastics
- Experience working with children e.g. babysitting, coaching
- Current first aid certificate
What the YMCA offers:
- Free gym membership
- Discounts on YMCA services e.g., childcare, holiday programs, sports leagues, etc.
- Opportunity to gain on the job qualifications (Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programs, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programs. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work, and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by clicking on the "apply now" button.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.