It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a Fitness Trainer to join our team at Mt Albert, Auckland. A great part time opportunity, offering minimum 16.5 hours weekly on Wednesdays and Sundays. This role is responsible for running the gym floor and will include member consultations, programming and movement coaching as well as group fitness classes and small group training.
What will you be doing?
- Prescribe and demonstrate exercise
- Generate a vibrant and inclusive environment
- Proactively engage with members on the gym floor
- Ensure healthy and safe practices are followed
- Member consultations, program shows & reviews
- Member journey administration
- Group fitness programming and delivery
- Deliver Small Group Training sessions
What experience/skills do you need?
- Has fitness trainer experience
- Is REPs Registered (or able to be)
- Holds a Fitness qualification (or currently studying)
What the YMCA offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g., childcare, holiday programs, sports leagues, etc.
- Professional development, on the job qualifications, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programs, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programs. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work, and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by clicking on the "apply now" button.
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.