It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for a confident Fitness Trainer to join our team working across both Lagoon Pools & Leisure Centre and Ellerslie Recreation Centre sites, in Auckland. A great part time opportunity, offering 24 hours weekly on a rostered basis. This role is responsible for running the gym floor and will include member consultations, programming and movement coaching as well as group fitness classes and small group training.
What will you be doing?
- Prescribe and demonstrate exercise
- Generate a vibrant and inclusive environment
- Proactively engage with members on the gym floor
- Ensure healthy and safe practices are followed
- Member consultations, program shows & reviews
- Member journey administration
- Group fitness programming and delivery
- Deliver Small Group Training sessions
What experience/skills do you need?
- Has fitness trainer experience
- Is REPs Registered (or able to be)
- Holds a Fitness qualification (or currently studying)
What the YMCA offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
If this sounds like you, please apply online by clicking on the "apply now" button. Or directly to Dave Willetts. firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must:
- Currently hold the right to work in New Zealand and currently be in New Zealand.
- Return a satisfactory Police Vet before commencement of employment.
YMCA North is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.