It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
Become a Duty Manager at the YMCA Hostel and City Lodge in Auckland Central. We have a mixed clientele of overseas and NZ visitors and are a small, very connected team that work well together, provide excellent customer service and love to celebrate our successes. This role is full time, based on a seven day roster which
includes days, evening and weekend shifts.
What will you be doing?
- Managing Customer Service & Reception
- Handling & managing customer complaints/difficult conversations
- Achieving weekly/monthly sales/service targets
- Completing administration tasks such as banking, entering AP’s daily, communication with residents,
ordering stock and stationery
- Dealing with emergency situations
What experience/skills do you need?
- Hospitality/Hotel/Hostel/Tourism front line customer service experience
- Proven administration skills & computer literacy- experience with Guest booking systems would be
- Cash handling and banking experience would be beneficial
What the YMCA offers:
- Training and support for your role
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
Apply to Krishna If this sounds like you: Krishna.Hattangadi@ymcaauckland.org.nz