It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
Become a Duty Manager at the YMCA Hostel and City Lodge in Auckland Central. We have a mixed clientele of overseas and NZ visitors and are a small, very connected team that work well together, provide excellent customer service and love to celebrate our successes. This role is full time, based on a seven day roster which includes days, evening and weekend shifts.
What will you be doing?
- Managing Customer Service & Reception
- Handling & managing customer complaints/difficult conversations
- Achieving weekly/monthly sales/service targets
- Completing administration tasks such as banking, entering AP’s daily, communication with residents, ordering stock and stationery
- Dealing with emergency situations
What experience/skills do you need?
- Hospitality/Hotel/Hostel/Tourism front line customer service experience
- Proven administration skills & computer literacy- experience with Guest booking systems would be advantageous
- Cash handling and banking experience would be beneficial
What the YMCA offers:
- Training and support for your role
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.