YMCA IS RECRUITING NOW!
We are looking for a Bookings and Administration Assistant to join the YMCA North – Outdoors team at our Shakespear Lodge Camp. The purpose of this role is to facilitate customer stays at Shakespear Lodge through excellent customer service during the booking processes. They will also support the Outdoor Administration Manager with budget writing, and general office administration processes. This is a part time role with some flexibility but we would prefer the person to work some hours each day, Monday to Friday
What will you be doing?
- Assist in managing customer visits to YMCA Outdoors facilities
- Assist in administering and managing all YMCA Outdoors and holiday program bookings
- Assist the Outdoors Administration Manager with data entry, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, budgeting and other financial administration
- Assist the Outdoors Administration Manager with all internal and external reporting requirements
- Assist with ensuring service information and promotional material for all YMCA Outdoors activities and services are accurate, meet YMCA Brand Guidelines and maximise buying opportunities by customers.
- Assist in delivering excellence in customer service at all and respond to all queries within eight working hours
- Ensure complaints are minimised and handled politely and professionally
- Assist in liaising with customers regarding activity programme design working with the relevant programme team for bespoke options
- Assist in actively obtaining customer feedback
- Actively promote and market all programmes and services offered by YMCA North to maximise buyer opportunity
- Any other tasks as directed by the Outdoors Administration Manager
What experience/skills do you need?
- Competent level of computer literacy, including intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft based programmes, including excel.
- General accounts/office skills and experience
- Having sales capability to convert enquiries into bookings
- Customer Service experience
- Knowledge of outdoor activity programming outcomes helpful
- Self-motivated with perseverance to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills
- Great time management and organisational skills to self-manage work load
- High work standards: Pays attention to detail and initiates self-checking procedures
- Credibility and professional integrity
- Problem Solving ability
- Current first aid certificate preferred
- Ability to work independently or work well in a team across all cultures and ages with YMCA
What the YMCA offers:
- Specific job and safeguarding training with opportunities for continuous improvement.
- A great team, organisational culture
- Career opportunities
- YMCA buying privileges and discounts
ABOUT THE YMCA
You probably know the song, but did you also know that YMCA North employs around 700 employees across Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga and Rotorua? Our operations include facility management, health and fitness, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programs, accommodation, outdoor camps, recreation, aquatic, fundraising and youth programs. As a not for profit, for over 165 years YMCA has been about families. Join us and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come.
YMCA is able to offer great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We provide real career pathways and job opportunities in a fun, community-focused environment.
We are proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures within our teams who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
YMCA North is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. Staff will be required to attend Safeguarding workshops, trainings and online modules to comply with YMCA North Safeguarding Policy.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.
All applicants must currently hold the right to work in New Zealand.
If this sounds like you and you enjoy working in a dynamic team environment, please apply online by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be assessing applications as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted