It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for OSCAR Team Members to join our teams based in Rotorua & Tauranga on a casual basis. Hours per week will be between Monday to Friday, based on roster.
What will you be doing?
No day is the same and you will be helping with being:
- The Chef – helping prepare breakfast and afternoon tea
- The Coach – facilitating and playing games, sport and team building activities
- The Artist/Dancer/Builder/Tech Person – getting creative with arts & crafts, showing off your mad dance moves, and tapping into your inner child with our awesome STEAM zones
- The First Aider – dealing with bumps and bruises, facilitating clean-ups and being a sounding board for their wild ideas
- The Policeman – keeping an eye on behaviours and supporting YMCA values
What experience/skills do you need?
- We want the X Factor and training will be provided for you to reach your full potential
- Great communication skills as you will be chatting to children, parents and staff regularly
- Empathy for children
- Passion for working with kids, youth and people in general
- Ability to work well and become a great team with your team leader
What the YMCA offers:
- Discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.