It’s fun to work at the YMCA!
We are looking for OSCAR Team Leaders and OSCAR Team Members to join our team based in Hamilton and you will be working at schools around the Hamilton area.
The OSCAR Team Member role is 4 hours per week and the OSCAR Team Leader role is between 10- 15 hours per week. Hours per week will be between Monday to Friday, based on roster.
What will you be doing?
No day is the same and you will be as a Team Leader:
- The Chef – helping prepare breakfast and afternoon tea
- The Coach – facilitating and playing games, sport and team building activities
- The Artist/Dancer/Builder/Tech Person – getting creative with arts & crafts, showing off your mad dance moves, and tapping into your inner child with our awesome STEAM zones
- The First Aider – dealing with bumps and bruises, facilitating clean-ups and being a sounding board for their wild ideas
- The Policeman – keeping an eye on behaviours and supporting YMCA values
As a team member you will be supporting the Team Leader with the above and looking after the children on the programme.
What experience/skills do you need?
- We want the X Factor and training will be provided for you to reach your full potential
- Great communication skills as you will be chatting to children, parents and staff regularly
- Empathy for children
- Passion for working with kids, youth and people in general
- Ability to work well and become a great team with your team leader
What the YMCA offers:
- Free gym membership and discounts on YMCA services e.g. childcare, holiday programmes, sports leagues, etc.
- Apprenticeship Boost Scheme (Outdoors, Swim School, Lifeguards, Fitness, OSCAR, Youth)
- Professional development, career advancement and safeguarding training
- Working in a community-focused environment
- On-site parking
ABOUT YMCA NORTH
For over 165 years, YMCA has been about families. Join our team and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come. Our team of 700 people covers operations across health and fitness, recreation and aquatics, early childhood education, before and after school care, holiday programmes, accommodation, outdoor camps, fundraising and youth programmes. YMCA North is proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.